Planning An African Safari
For people who are wildlife enthusiast, an African Safari would be a perfect experience for them. We can get the nature at its best when we sit in an open vehicle while riding along the lions or resting under a shade beside a giraffe that is razing on a tree.
The amount of time it will take for us to reach an African safari depends on where we live. Even though the journey can be long and exhausting, it will all be worth it after we get to the safari itself. The experience we get here is a one of a kind trip that will take us a closer look of the African wildlife. We get to see the glimpse of the amazing wild animals interacting with their own environment. Unlike the animals that we see in the zoo, the African Safari shows how a real wildlife looks like.
For us who are planning to have an African Safari, here are the ways and tips on how to have an amazing African Safari experience:
- First thing we should consider is to be prepared spending a lot of money. The best way to have the best African Safari is to stay at a private game reserve where we get to stay in small lodges with complete packages including a room. We can also save money in staying in some hotels. For the tour, we can either book an entire day tour, or hire for a private vehicle for us. These all can be very costly. The good thing about staying at a game reserve is that there are experienced guides that know where to find any wild beasts that we would like to see.
- After planning how to spend our African Safari, we then need to select a country. The most well known for African Safari tours are South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania, and in Botswana. The South Africa 19s Krueger National Park is one famous destination for many travelers wanting to have an exciting African Safari experience.
- Next thing is to research about the chosen country 19s visa requirements. Some countries require foreign visitors to have a visa before they can enter their country. We can contact the country 19s embassy so that we can inquire about the needed documents on visiting their country. It is better to inquire in advance so that we can still have time to fix our documents.
- After having all the travel documents, we will then need to find a game lodge. We can search for game lodges from the internet. We can also contact travel agents that specialize in African safaris. We have to choose for the complete package which includes the airfare, ground transportation and the lodging. The accommodations may vary so it is better to ask every question we have to ask so that we can have ideas on what the offers are and choose the best rooms for us where we are more comfortable.
- The final thing is to bring all the needed items for an African Safari trip. We will need closed shoes, bug repellents, comfortable shorts and pants, short sleeve shirts, jacket and sweater, and of course our camera to capture amazing wildlife moments.