The Feast of the Epiphany is a Christian holiday which celebrates the revelation of God in the person of Jesus Christ. We usually celebrate it on January 5th of each year. This article will show us the ways on how to celebrate the Feast of the Epiphany.
Christians believe that during the Epiphany, there were three kings that arrived in Bethlehem that brought gifts for the baby Jesus Christ. Today, this holiday is being celebrated by the family in a traditional way. Most Christians still follow this tradition that is a part of their Christmas season.
Here are some of the ways how we can celebrate our very own Feast of the Epiphany:
- First thing families do during the morning of January 6th is to take down all the Christmas decorations they have at home. It is the last day for the Christmas season and the decorations and holiday trimmings are leisurely taken down. Families will then keep them in the storage and wait for the nest Christmas season to arrive again.
- We can also prepare for a quiet dinner afterward and discuss with our family about the Christmas season that we had. We can ask our family members what they liked about the late Christmas and what lessons have they learned during this year. It will also be a good time for us to discuss about our future plans for the coming year. This will be like any kind of planning session, but just the ideas we have for the new born year, and the things that we like to apply changing in our lives. This can be a very fun family discussion at home.
- After dinner, we can gather our family members while we read about the story of the Three Kings. This is the story of how the three kings reached Bethlehem during the birth of Jesus Christ. According to the story, there was a star hat guided the three kings to get to the manger where Jesus Christ was born from the Virgin Mary. This will be a great story to tell for the children to have the idea of what the celebration is all about.
- Children can decorate the dessert with a king’s crown shaped cake or food decoration. This is to symbolize the holiday of the Three Kings. Whoever then would get the part with the trinket will reign as the king or queen of the feast. This is a traditional game for Christian families during the celebration of the Feast of the Epiphany.
- Another way to celebrate this holiday is to have our exchange gifts with our friends. We probably didn’t have the time to do this during December due to all the events we had to attend to. After the Christmas season, we have all the time to gather with our friends and exchange our gifts with them.